JOB TITLE: Executive Director
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Non-physician business partner responsible for successful leadership and management of the organization according to strategic direction set by the Physician Executive Committee. The Executive Director is responsible for strategic planning, cash management, provider scheduling, payor negotiations, public relations, physician recruitment and retention, and financial reporting. Ensures the organization carries out its mission to provide comprehensive neurological expertise and compassionate patient care.
SUPERVISION BY: Physician Executive Committee
SUPERVISES: CFO/CIO, COO
1. Strategic & Policy Related Responsibilities
- Provides leadership in planning
- Develops, secures approval of, and implements policy and procedures
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional development to keep current in the latest healthcare trends & developments
- Works with our physicians, partner hospitals, and other practice administrators to coordinate mutual projects, establish outreach, possible joint ventures on new services, while maintaining a good relationship with potential network providers
2. Responsibility to Physician Leadership
a. Leads projects and project development for the Senior Physician Leadership
b. Available to Senior Physicians Leadership at all times.
3. Provider Scheduling
- Maintains/oversees multiple provider schedules
- Coordinates/communicates Provider schedules with partner hospitals
4. Provider Issues
- Visits regularly with the physicians and providers to ensure open communication about their practice
- Provide timely communication for physicians & staff regarding performance of the clinic.
5. Public Relations & Marketing Responsibilities
- Represents the group in its relationships with health organizations, government agencies, and third party payers
- May attend conferences and workshops to gather knowledge to continue to share and implement new ideas
6. Financial Responsibilities
- Oversees the business and financial affairs including accounting, budgeting, internal controls, and timely reporting of pertinent practice performance data
- Analyzes/reviews proposed annual budget (forecast), and as needed, longer-term financial projections
- Reviews/Analyzes month financial and performance data
- Assists with the negotiation of insurance and hospital contracts based on sound analytical approach
- Acts as a liaison with accountants, attorneys, pension advisors and consultants
- Initiates & approves all electronic transfers to multiple internal and external vendors
7. Personnel Responsibilities / Physician Recruiting
- Coordinates the recruitment, on-boarding and development of physicians
- Monitors fringe benefit programs for physicians and staff
8. Managerial Responsibilities
- Provides overall management and coordination of the Group's activities
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies governing healthcare delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies.
- Continually monitors operations, programs and physical properties and initiates appropriate changes if necessary
- Resolves any medical/administrative problems and keeps lines of communication open with staff, office managers, and other administrative team members to ensure high employee morale and a professional, healthful atmosphere
- Prepares agenda and necessary materials for distribution to physicians prior to meetings and attends all physician meetings
- Maintains strictest confidentiality and professionalism
EDUCATION: Baccalaureate degree in Health Care Administration or equivalent. Master’s preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in health care clinical management with five (5) years in Senior Management.
1. Knowledge of physician practice management.
2. Knowledge of electronic medical record related computer applications.
3. Knowledge of medical terminology and office procedures.
4. Knowledge of medical practice best practices in patient relations and patient flow.
5. Knowledge of third party and insurance company procedures, regulations, and billing requirements and governmental reimbursement programs.
6. Knowledge of Partner Hospital Relationships
7. Knowledge of human resource function and execution.
1. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients, organizations, physicians, and the public.
2. Skill in developing, implementing, and managing budgets.
3. Coaching and mentoring skills in leadership development
1. Ability to process patients and public inquiries and respond with poise and efficiency.
2. Ability to recognize, evaluate, problem solve, and correct errors.
3. Ability to conceptualize work flow, develop plans, and implement appropriate actions.
4. Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Frequent mobility and/or sitting required for extended periods of time. Manual dexterity for using a calculator and computer keyboard. Some bending and stooping required.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a busy office environment and requires both desk and counter work. Frequent contact with employees and outside agencies. Continual patient contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
resumes are to be sent to: