Job Title: Practice Administrator/CFO
Immediate Supervisor Title: Practice Shareholders
General Summary: Dermatology Inc., is currently searching for a professional, compassionate, and knowledgeable individual to fill the position of Practice Manager. The Practice Manager will be responsible for the overall operations, development and success of our medical practice. In this important role, the successful applicant will act as an information resource to the physicians, work independently, and prioritize work.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Practice Manager will work with physicians, managers, and staff to ensure the business is aligned with the practice goals by maintaining accountability and speaking to progress/status of goals.
- Assist in the development of a short- and long-term strategic business plan for the practice.
- Maintain corporate physician and extender employment contracts.
- Prepare and calculate shareholder buy-in and buy-out models.
- Prepare monthly the shareholder compensation formula. As necessary, prepare compensation models based on current need for employed physicians and extenders.
- Prepare and oversee of the operating budget and ensure the appropriate accounting systems are in place.
- Oversee all invoices are paid in a timely manner and accurate as well as payroll processing.
- Participate with the annual profit-sharing audit.
- Develop sound billing processes, oversee billing functions such as coding, A/R, payment posting, claims processing, and ensure timely cash flow.
- Review, analyzes, and negotiates insurance contracts.
- Ensure that regular meetings are held with the physicians to discuss status of practice operations and review financial data.
- Oversee preparation and submission of financial data reports to the physicians on a monthly basis.
- Schedule and conduct regular manager meetings to inform of changes within the practice, policy changes, and update/educate staff.
- Consults with regulatory agencies, insurance carriers, corporate attorney, accountant, insurance agent, IT/EMR vendors, Profit Sharing Administrator, and other professional outside contacts.
- Maintain offices leases, equipment maintenance agreements, and other contracts.
- Manage the owned office buildings and operation expenses.
- Maintain competitive rates for business insurance, work comp, malpractice policies.
- Standardize procedures and initiate change by reviewing procedures to strive for more efficient ways of conducting business and improve patient relations.
- Assists managers in developing and implementing short- and long-term work plans, policies and procedures.
- Conduct annual performance reviews and identify coaching opportunities for management.
- Assist in recruiting physicians, extenders, and manager staff.
- Review monthly financial statements compared to previous months/year for analysis
- Ensure compliance with the credentialing specialist.
- Ensure HIPAA regulations are compliant.
- Oversee development and implementation of office policy, procedures and safety standards
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Masters preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years of health care management experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Skill in business finance and accounting practices.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgement, and discretion.
- Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective active.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to evaluate and make recommendations for quality improvement.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve operational problems.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
Interested candidates, please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org