JWM NEUROLOGY PC is hiring!
JOB TITLE: Director of Revenue Cycle Management
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Coordinates with Executive Director, Chief Operations Officer, and Chief Financial Officer to implement best practices across the organization related to Revenue Cycle as approved by the Revenue Cycle Oversight Committee.
SUPERVISION BY: CFO/CIO with dotted-line responsibilities to Executive Director and COO
Coordinates with COO / Office Managers to insure:
Workflows and office policies support the Revenue Cycle
All front-end data collection is accurate
Pre-certs & Pre-determinations for all appropriate services are timely, accurate, and documented
Physician charges for office and hospitals are recorded timely
Completes audits as necessary to insure the above is complete as per policy and provides feedback and education / training as needed.
Directs Business Office:
Provides supervision and support to the Business Office Manager (BOM). This supervision and support involves but is not limited to:
§ Professional Development, Education, and Training
§ Assist in policy needs and development
§ Assists in identifying, justifying, and obtaining technology and other tools to facilitate meeting and improving Business Office operations
§ Monitors Business Office staffing and approves changes as needed
- Provides direction and coordination the Business Office Manger related to:
- Business Office workflows and policies support the Revenue Cycle
- Charge entry is accurate and timely
- Billing is accurate and timely
- Denials are monitored, worked, and resolved timely
- Missing tickets are resolved timely
- Payer issues are recognized and assistance is provided to resolve timely
- Self-pay collections are managed and Collection Agency referrals are done within policy
- Ensures compliance with regulations and billing and collection policies in order to facilitate attainment of account receivable targets
- Credentialing issues are recognized and resolved
- Assists in provider documentation education when needed
- Participating member of the Revenue Cycle Oversight Committee
- Provides analysis of all appropriate A/R benchmarks and reports monthly to the Revenue Cycle Oversight Committee describing status of the A/R and highlighting opportunities of improving the Revenue Cycle
- Recommends technology that would support the Revenue Cycle to the Revenue Cycle Oversight Committee
- Acts as liaison between Clinic staff and Business Office staff to insure communications is timely and collegial.
- Champions revenue cycle improvements throughout the organization including working with individuals in Billing, Collections, Auditing, Check-in, Check-out, Medical Records, Pre-certification, Managers, C-Levels, and Physicians to aid in the resolution of revenue cycle issues.
- Completes reimbursement analysis of payers and coordinates conversations / negotiations with payers to improve fee schedules. Maintains relationships with payers to facilitate problem resolution and contract negotiation.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy to achieve goals. Effective, clear, and persuasive oral and written communication skills with individuals and groups.
- Strong skills in fostering working relationships and using others to accomplish tasks related to improving workflows, policies, and revenue cycle goals
- Knowledge of all regulatory reimbursement and insurance related requirements
- Knowledge of compliance
- A systematic approach to problem solving for all types of issues
- Advanced skills in computer programs especially EHRs and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong working knowledge of medical terminology, CPT, HCPCS, ICD9 and ICD10.
- Detail oriented, organized, sets priorities, meets deadlines
- Baccalaureate degree in Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or other related field. Master’s degree preferable.
- CPC (Certified Procedural Coder) preferred
- 5+ years of healthcare accounting with emphasis on Revenue Cycle or Business Office related management and analysis
- Appropriate prior positions: Revenue Cycle Manager, Business Office Manager, Patients Accounts Manager, Coding Manager, Financial Analyst, Healthcare Project Manager
Frequent mobility and/or sitting required for extended periods of time. Manual dexterity for using a calculator and computer keyboard. Some bending and stooping required.
Work is performed in a busy office environment and requires both desk and counter work. Frequent contact with employees and outside agencies. Continual patient contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.