Chief Financial Officer -Indianapolis, IN
Position Summary: This position is responsible for directing all of the Company's financial functions and managing its relationships with lending institutions, payers, vendors and the financial community. Additionally, the CFO will oversee the Director of Billing as well as finance positions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interacts with the CEO, Board of Managers and Executive Committee in developing the financial component of the Company's strategic plan.
- Oversees and directs budgeting, accounting, tax, purchasing, long-range forecasting, and insurance activities for the Company.
- Evaluates the organization's financial position and issues periodic reports on the organization's financial stability, liquidity, and growth.
- Develops and implements financial policies and procedures and ensures compliance.
- Assures implementation of internal controls and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Supervises the analysis of cash inflows and outflows and makes recommendations to ensure appropriate income/cash flow.
- Oversees and directs the preparation and issuance of the Company's annual tax return and other required reports.
- Prepares financial and statistical reports as requested by the CEO, Board of Directors, Executive Committee and Senior Management Team.
- Ensures all insurance coverage including directors and officers, malpractice, general property, etc. are in place each year.
- Coordinates with other departments planning for short and long range fiscal needs and insures that expenditures adhere to legal and budgetary requirements.
- Oversees the recruitment, supervision, training, and evaluation of the Finance department staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Education: Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, or finance.
Experience: Eight to 10 years of experience in financial/accounting management. Experience in health care financial management strongly preferred.
Other Requirements: CPA required.
Contact Information: Shawn Severns (email@example.com)