Title: Human Resources Manager, Eye Surgeons of Indiana & Surgical Care Center
Location: Indianapolis, IN
This position is responsible for all Human Resources functions including the development of personnel policies and procedures, assuring compliance with federal and state employment regulations, staffing, compensation, and benefits planning. This individual will assist and advise all management on Human Resources and employee relations issues. Duties include:
- Overseeing the conduct of compensation surveys and recommends changes to ensure company remains competitive with market rates for wages/salaries and benefits.
- Maintaining/monitoring records of worker's compensation, EEO. ADA, FMLA, unemployment and other employee claims.
- Conducting employee exit interviews.
- Practicing open-door policy to encourage employees to discuss grievances.
- Facilitating peer-to-peer and employee-manager discussions/mediations.
- Determining and recommending employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
- Identifying legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Human Resources function (e.g. OSHA, EEO, ERISA, Wage and Hour). Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance.
- Establishing standard recruiting and placement practices and procedures.
- Coordinating recruitment, receives all employment applications/resumes. Conducts initial interviews and refers qualified candidates to hiring manager and conduct employee reference and background checks.
- Providing necessary training materials to management - workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, standardized reports.
- Selecting and coordinates use of Human Resources consultants, insurance brokers, insurance carriers, training specialists and other outside sources.
- Assuring that qualified personnel are selected and that the orientation training program is conducted and effective.
- Employee orientation.
- Monitoring timeliness of employee evaluations and providing management with deadlines.
- Maintaining employee database with all necessary information in accordance with legal requirements.
- Administering all benefit programs and assures that employees timely apply for benefits.
- This position requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration/Human Resources or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment/labor laws, compensation and benefits administration, and experience in mediating personnel grievances.
Interested applicants, please email your resume to Paul F. Cacchillo, MD @ email@example.com.